Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant - Review - All time favourite

The Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant in Footscray is a very Cantonese based Chinese restaurant. This basically means that it is the Chinese food you love and have grown up with.  That means no extra hot or chilly dishes.  This can be either a good thing or negative depending on your tastes. 


Soup

The Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant in Footscray is one of my favourites.  If you like Chinese you basically cannot go wrong if you come here.  The food is quite traditional (which I like) and the decor is standard Chinese, ie, not much.




Special Hong Kong Chicken
Poached Chicken
Special Hong Kong Chinese Chicken is a classic dish.  The accompanying ginger dipping sauce is essential and without it the dish would feel only half complete.  It is also known as Hainan style poached chicken so don't be surprised to see this description at other restaurants. Anyway, a favourite is a favourite and its very good at the Hong Kong BBQ restaurant.  Some days can be better than others but overall, it is very good.

Red bean curd pork feet
Red bean curd pork feet
The red bean curd pork feet is another classic.  I guess its not for the faint-hearted and certainly will not win any beauty prizes.  However, if you love the taste its great and it also something you will not get everywhere.


Soup

This soup is a freebie and usually comes with the poached chicken.  Personally its something I look forward to if I come here.  I really love it but I would be loathe to say its exciting.  Its more a classic homecooked soup and it sure beats the ubiquitous chicken and corn soup.  

Busy Chinese restaurant
Busy
Anyway, as I said this is one of my favourites and I can definitely recommend it.

If you love Chinese roast duck, this place also has one of the best you'll find in Melbourne. Well, that's what I think!

Special Hong Kong Chicken
Special Hong Kong Chicken
Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant

Hong Kong BBQ Restaurant
Food Type: Chinese
Telephone: (03) 9687 8488
Address: 118 Hopkins Street, Footscray VIC 3011

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes, I have multiple times
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments