Urban Thai - Restaurant Review - Caulfield

The Urban Thai in Caulfield is a nice and unassuming restaurant.  I would say that it covers the bases for an inexpensive restaurant.  Nothing is really exceptional or outstanding but it is nice all the same (relative to price point, that is).


Deep fried


In this day and age deep fried food can't really be regarded as unique or special and when you get something that does stand out it is to be applauded.  In this case, Urban Thai fits in the category of 'standard'.  Nothing special but it fulfills its end of the bargain all the same. 


The Thai chicken green curry is an old favourite of mine.  I can never find a pre-made green curry that I actually like.  Anyway, the Urban Thai green curry is nice enough without being exceptional.  I am a happy camper all the same.  
Chicken Green Curry
Chicken Green Curry
Well, this prawn noodle dish is okay but in no way special.  You get what you pay for I guess.  Put it this way, I dream of having this in Thailand and imagining fresh sea food with more fragrant and punchy flavours and more texture. Right, I am living in Melbourne!
Prawn noodles
Prawn noodles
It's sad but true but in Australia generally, you really do have to spend the money to get quality seafood in a restaurant.  I can live with this reality but its nice to dream isn't it?
If you like the review, please share it with your friends if possible.

Urban Thai
Rating: 3
Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Urban Thai Telephone: (03) 9528 2800
Urban Thai Address: 720 Glen Huntly Road, Caulfield South VIC 3162
Reviewed by: Howie Be

Ice cream dessert
Coconut Ice Cream



Post a Comment

0 Comments