Pelican's Landing - Review - Williamstown

Pelican's Landing restaurant review, Williamstwon, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog
Pelican's Landing review (Williamstown) is a pleasant surprise.  Pelican's Landing is located on the waterfront in Williamstown which is perfect as you can enjoy an evening stroll and take in your surroundings.  All very nice.


I guess you could say that Pelican's Landing looks a bit like a convention centre.  However, that doesn't do it justice.  It actually feels a bit cosy and with all the happy punters inside is very welcoming.  Having lots of customers by itself improves the atmosphere.
In a word - elegant image
In a word - elegant
Pelican's Landing makes a great attempt at finedining in Williamstown.  As you can see here this food looks a treat and is certainly a match for anything you will find in the city.  A prawn cocktail is a bit old school these days but they have their place. 
Pan-fried saganaki
Pan-fried saganaki
I am a sucker for pan-fried saganaki.  I know, cholesterol off the charts but it tastes great. This is no exception and again it looks superb on the plate.  I could have this everyday if my heart let it.





Being on the waterfront it would seem a shame not to have the seafood.  Again, nothing to complain about here.  You probably aren't getting the absolute finest ingredients here but it tastes great and looks just as good.  I'm very happy and would come back for more. Remember that Pelican's Landing has very fair pricing if not some of the best for the quality of food you get.

Seafood platter
Seafood platter
More seafood?  Well I am virtually sitting right on the waterfront aren't I.  Anyway, it look the part on the plate.  It's about as good as you could could ever expect.  It would be nice to know that I was eating the absolute freshest seafood on the planet but I am a realist.  For the price I am paying this is superb. 

Complementary bread with olive oil and balsamic
Complementary bread with olive oil and balsamic
Pelican's Landing also provide you with some complementary bread with olive oil.  Always a nice touch.

Is dessert really necessary after all the great food.  Too be honest not really.  Anyway, the pannacotta is kind of mainstream but still very nice.  A perfect way to finish off a very pleasant dinner.

Although I try not to do any repeat visits I know I'll be back to Pelican's Landing sometime over the next year. Check them out if you live anywhere in the Western Suburbs.  They are worth it.

Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

In a nutshell
A great suburban restaurant. I recommend highly for it's price point. Definitely would be happy to go again.

Pelican's Landing

Pelican's Landing
Food Type: Western and Seafood
Telephone: (03) 9397 0155
Address: Quest Williamstown, 1 Syme St, Williamstown VIC 3016

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes, I have multiple times
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments