Boathouse Restaurant - Review - Great contemporary food

Boathouse Restaurant review, in Frankston is definitely worth checking out if you live in the area or are making a day trip.  In a word - Go!


peas



Hopefully the photographs can tell you the story.  Simply, the food was great.


shank
Everything is immaculately presented on the plate.  Just looking at it you want to dive straight in.  Of course it actually has to taste good as well and the Boathouse Restaurant delivers.  You might wonder why the ultimate review I only give them 4 stars.  Well, unfortunately mine was a bit salty.  It doesn't stop my enthusiasm for The Boathouse Restaurant though.


dessert

The plating is immaculate.  Masterchef eat your heart out.  This is kind of why you go to restaurants.  It's just on a league that you do not or cannot be bothered to do at home.  Its modern, the food has a nice clean refreshing look, you just want to eat it.


interior

As you can see, The Boathouse Restaurant is a very attractive looking restaurant.  Beautiful natural light streams in, the decor matches perfectly and it has a nice high ceiling.

wine

The Boathouse House has a nice outdoor area too on a summery weekends it would make a perfect spot for a decadent lunch.


garden

The mixed platter is quite different from the usual.  Be prepared for a surprise.  It's different in a good way so I would encourage you to order this.

Mixed platter
Mixed platter
Deconstructured desserts seem to be all the rage these days.  I am not really a fan of this but I guess they have there place.  I would suggest though that it will be a passing phase as generally the original article is nicer from my point of view.


bread

Anyway, while I am not a fan of deconstructured desserts it obviously didn't stop me.  As you can see, dessert was again immaculately presented.  It all adds to the dining experience!


snack

So obviously I am a happy camper.  Being a food blogger, I really do try not to do too many repeat visits.  However, I can say that I would be more than happy to be going back to The Boathouse Restaurant.  It was a very pleasurable experience.


Boathouse Restaurant

Boathouse Restaurant
Food Type: Western
Telephone: 9770 5330
Address: 366 Nepean Hwy, Frankston, Victoria 3199

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments