Small French Bar - Review - One of the best

The Small French Bar certainly isn't easy to find and nor does it have user friendly opening hours but if you can make the effort you will be rewarded.


Sign

In a sign of the times and certainly positive for some, the times are literally changing in Footscray.  I can certainly foresee Footscray turning into one of those trendy suburbs in the future and its starting right now.  I don't think many would have imagined a French cafe/bar opening in Footscray a few years back.

Mixed cured meat and cheese platter. French of course.
Mixed cured meat and cheese platter. French of course.



Anyway, the Small French Bar is tucked away in a pretty poor location and with limited street signage so to find it you have to search for it.  I hope people do because its worth it. 

The Small French Bar has got a lot going for it.  It's unique but most importantly it's good.  it also seems to be maintaining Footscray prices which also means it isn't overly pricey. Nice!

Dinner

Well, rabbit isn't everyone's cup of tea and I have to admit my previous experiences have not been great.  I am happy to say that the rabbit at the Small French Bar is the best I've ever had and I would happily recommend it to anyone.  It also happened to be the special of the day so I can't guarantee it will be on the menu for you.


Salami

If you like your cured meats and French cheese what couldn't be better than the mixed serving platter.  It's hard to quantify quality on such  a dish but this was good and even better they offer top ups of the baguette should you require more bread.  I should add that they bake on the premises. Yum!

Happy customerCake

Got to say that I love that they bake on the premises.  The person next door said that last time she bought the baguettes from them she'd almost eaten one of them by the time she got to her car!  Another positive was that this wasn't the first time she'd been to the Small French Bar.  Repeat customers means good quality right!


Bread

The coffee and croissants are also offered at a staggering low price.  If I worked across the road I'd be coming here all the time.

Do check them out if you can because the Small French Bar is definitely worth it.  Just call them to check their opening hours to avoid disappointment.

Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

The Small French Bar

The Small French Bar
Food Type: French
Telephone: 0402 952 078
Address: 154 Barkly St, Footscray VIC 3011

Rating: 4.5 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. There are lots of sweet things, For sure it is french food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! Loved the mouth watering dishes. The images are very impressive. Just can't wait to taste it. Cheers

    ReplyDelete