Tra Vinh - Review - Footscray

Tra Vinh (Footscray) is kind of a basic and functional Vietnamese restaurant in Footscray, Melbourne.  Vietnamese is one of my favourite types of cuisine and I do enjoy the freshness of flavour unlike say Chinese food that has a lot of tasty but salty flavours.



If you've followed my blog you'll know that the most famous of Vietnamese dishes is the pho noodles.  the ubiquitous pho beef special is my standard and I wouldn't even be ab;e to guess how many times I've had this.




While Tra Vinh serves up perfectly satisfactory Vietnamese food it is in no way a standout. Unfortunately for Tra Vinh there is just so much choice in Footscray that there is no real reason for me to go there again.  The food is average but still of good quality so don't be put of though.



In the tradition of budget diners Tra Vinh is very utilitarian in decor and general ambiance. 

I do like Tra Vinh but just cannot find anything really special about it.  I guess you could say you'll get an 'honest' meal and in its own way that is special enough.



Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Tra Vinh
Rating - 3
Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9687 8008
Address: 70 Nicholson Street, Footscray VIC 3011
Reviewed By: Howie Be

Post a Comment

0 Comments