Sam's Boatshed - Review - Willamstown

Sam's Boatshed in Williamstown (3 Syme St, Williamstown VIC 3016) is close to but not quite on the waterfront.  The restaurants and cafes in Williamstown sadly do not front the harbour in most cases.  Its a bit sad in many ways as the views to Melbourne are quite spectacular.


Pizza oven
Giant pizza oven
Sam's Boatshed is a perfect place to go during winter time.  Its cosy, warm, friendly and the giant pizza oven kinda looks cool.


Calamari
Salt and pepper calamari
Sam's Boatshed somehow manages to maintain kind of a rustic feel perfect for a waterfront restaurant but still feel modern.  The meals themselves are certainly of the modern looking and tasting variety.
Advertisement
A bit of self promotion
The garlic prawns match perfectly with the ocean theme and I like how the presentation is quite different from what I would have expected.  There is certainly a lot of butter in this dish which tastes quite superb but certainly isn't so great for the waistline.  Still, it tasted so nice I can easily forgive Sam's Boatshed. 

Shrimp
Garlic prawns
Interior

Again. the linguini marinara fits in nicely with being beside the seaside.  This was good but not superb.  However, as moderately priced and seaside restaurant I'd say it was definitely up to expectations.  I did like how the sauce was plentiful without being overpowering.  A mistake for some restaurants.

Lobster
Linguini Marinara
By moderate pricing you can see what I mean by the dessert menu. At these kind of prices you can't help but feel like splashing out.

Sign
Dessert Time
I quite like dessert pizza so whenever they are on the menu I'm game to try them.
Pizza
Dessert pizza
I guess winter scares a few punters away but rest assured, those who have booked are enjoying themselves inside.  This really is a welcoming restaurant.
Outside
Wintery night but perfect for when the sun comes out
Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Sam's Boatshed
In a nutshell: Nice, relaxed and cosy. Worth a try, especially if you are into pizza.

Rating: 3.5 stars
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: (03) 9399 9959
Address: 3 Syme Street, Williamstown VIC 3016
Reviewed By:
Date published: 14 August 2014


Please feel free to leave comments here on my blog and to stay up to date with all my forthcoming reviews, sign up on Facebook here:

Post a Comment

0 Comments