Vanakkam - Review - Footscray

Vanakkam is an Indian restaurant on the outskirts of Footscray.  Gradually there are more and more Indian restaurants around Footscray and that's a good thing.  There is a predominance of Vietnamese (and Chinese), followed by African so its nice to be able to try something else nearby.


To be honest, my recollection of Vanakkam is very sketchy.  That I can't recall it is actually a reasonable sign.  It means that it wasn't bad, equally it also means that it didn't stand out from the crowd.
Lamb biryani
Lamb biryani
As you can see the food at Vanakkam is well presented.  It looks good and attractive on the plate.  I'll put myself out on a limb and say that they were good.  My memory does recall that the decor is only okay though.

Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Vanakkam
Rating - 3
Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9687 7224
Address: 359 Barkly Street, Footscray VIC 3011
Reviewed By: Howie Be


Post a Comment

0 Comments