42 Cafe and Bar - Review - Moonee Ponds

Well I didn't try any 42 Below vodka although that would have been nice mixed with apple juice and mint. Maybe that's for another day. So a trip to Moonie Ponds of course demands going to  a local cafe. By all accounts 42 Cafe and Bar seems to be one the the hits as people were queuing to get in by the end.






Its another one of those nice modern looking cafe's that is elevated just above the norm by the large pieces of artwork adorning its walls. The actual furniture is standard fare. I was perched at the large square table at the front of the cafe and this certainly is a nice place to be as its great for reading the morning newspapers and magazines that 42 Cafe and Bar seem to have plenty of. In my book, one of the joys of going for brekky is reading the newspapers. For the smokers there is an outdoor dining area on the street frontage so all customers can enjoy this cafe.


Now onto the food. I had the big breakfast so blame me for the unexciting choice. No complaints here and very generous with serving size. You can't really go wrong in producing a big breakfast so I will say that the poached eggs were perfect, the presentation of the food is immaculate, being served two hash browns is a pleasant surprise (but not for my heart), the bread is nice and thick and the sausages are only average. Overall, a superb big breakfast.


I also tried a salmon omelette. Again the presentation is superb, and tasted great. It was perhaps a bit overcooked but again I was definitely satisfied with everything so no complaints.


A testimony to 42 Cafe and Bar is the amount of custom knocking on its door.

If you like the review, please share it with your friends if possible.

42 Cafe and Bar
Rating - 3.5
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: (03) 9370 6968
Address: 42 Puckle St., Moonee Ponds Shopping Centre, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039
Reviewed By: Howie Be






Post a Comment

0 Comments