Hello Dumpling - Review - CBD

Hello Dumpling Chinese restaurant review, Melbourne CBD Hello Dumpling is a Chinese restaurant in CBD Melbourne (382 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia).
sign

Hello dumpling obviously serves up dumplings as well as many traditional Chinese favourites.  I would in general say that the dishes are on the plain and less flavoursome side which is to their detriment.

rice

It really is more of a student hangout or for someone passing by who is desperate for some Chinese in  a hurry.  I am actually quite surprised by the number of customers in here.  At least for my taste buds Hello Dumpling is underwhelming but the students don't seem to mind.

interior

You can see that Hello Dumpling at least makes a design impression with some nice interior design that makes it stand out from the crowd and some of those traditional places you will find in Chinatown.  It kinda looks cool!

rice

Unfortunately the food just isn't tasty.  The meat is also cut too thinly to leave you satisfied when you have a piece of meat.  When I eat a piece of meat I would like it to be a bit more substantial than at Hello Dumpling.

dumplings

As for the dumplings they were kind of underwhelming as well.




Receive every review by Liking Me at:
and catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in inner and outer West Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


Hello Dumpling
Rating: 3
Would I go again: Yes, if I was passing by and wanted Mexican.
Would I recommend to a friend: No

Cuisine Type: Chinese
Address: 382-382 Elizabeth Street, CBD, Melbourne
Telephone: 61468865588
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting There


Post a Comment

0 Comments