Mexican Tequila Restaurant - Review - Great looking restaurant but not really special

Mixican Tequila restaurant review, Toorak, Melbourne Mexican Tequila Restaurant (307 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141) is one of a number of Mexican or Spanish styled restaurants around Toorak and South Yarra.


Don't be scared
Don't be scared
The Mexican Tequila Restaurant does make a bit of style impression. Nice big, bold, vibrant colours make sure you notice you are somewhere different.  I love it when a restaurant makes you feel you are going somewhere out of your normal world.

Person with drink

Nachos are hardly out of this world but despite that these are quite good and are styled to be very refreshing.  I like the freshness in this dish and letting the veges shine.

Nachos

When it gets hot in Melbourne it gets hot!  It's nice to have a Mexican inspired cocktail to wind down on a balmy night.

Cocktail
Cocktail time
Some Mexican or south american styled restaurants are run of the mill.  Mexican Tequila Restaurant fits at above average but isn't exceptional.  Still, I'm not a Mexican food aficionado and I am generally not that inspired by this food type.  No disrespect to Mexico or anything.  Some people may definitely like it more than me.

Mexican food

Despite not being my favourite food type I enjoyed Mexican Tequila Restaurant.  They present the food in a style well above most Mexican restaurants and the place is nicely kitted out.


The restaurant is welcoming with a nice modern open design.

Churros

The selection of food at Mexican Tequila Restaurant is pretty standard fare.  It should have you covered.  What is good about Mexican Tequila Restaurant is that the pricing is pretty good.  You will feel you are getting good value for money.




I like it hot! Chilli sauce
I like it hot!
Now, would I make a special effort to get to Mexican Tequila Restaurant?  Not really.  However, if I was passing by I would definitely consider going back there again.  it's not a hidden jewel but it's nice enough.


Mexican hat
Inspired by a Mexican hat. I get it!

Receive every review by Liking Me at:
and catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in inner and outer West Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


Mexican Tequila Restaurant
Rating: 3.5
Would I go again: Yes, if I was passing by and wanted Mexican.
Would I recommend to a friend: No

Cuisine Type: Mexican
Address: 307 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141
Telephone: 9826 3830
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting There



Post a Comment

0 Comments