Jook Mi Bar - Review - Old school Korean

Jook Mi Bar Korean restaurant review, Melbourne CBD Jook Mi Bar (406 Lonsdale Street Melbourne, Australia 3000) is one of a seeming multitude of Korean restaurants dotted all across Melbourne.  Once upon a time Korean was quite different but now days they are everywhere.

seafood

As is typical of lots of Asian restaurants they are kind of basic internally.  Utilitarian rather than designer.  it all depends on what you want from a place.  Ultimately if a place is clean and the food is great I'm fine with a basic looking place.

Interior
Basic looking but nice enough
Jook Mi Bar doesn't really stand out of the crowd now that there are so many Korean restaurants in Melbourne.  I do like the charm of these basic looking restaurants but that certainly isn't going to appeal to everyone.




Side dishes

What Jook Mi Bar does do well is that they have everything from inexpensive lunch deals to full on expensive mains.  You can choose what suits you as the menu kind of covers everything.

Korean soup

Of course, Jook Mi Bar also has classic Korean Fried Chicken if you so desire although that is more comfort or snack food for me so I try to stay clear if I can help myself.

Hot pot

Stay up to date by Liking Me at:
 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:

Interior


Things to do in inner and outer West Melbourne



If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.



Jook Mi Bar
Rating: 3.5
Would I go again: Yes but not in a hurry
Would I recommend to a friend: Not really

Cuisine Type: Korean
Address: 406 Lonsdale Street Melbourne, Australia 3000
Telephone:  (03) 9600 2661
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog



Post a Comment

0 Comments