Bierkeller - Review - Excellent German and Bavarian cuisine

Bierkeller restaurant review, Richmond, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog Bierkeller is an Austrian restaurant and bar that is easy to pass by.  As a passenger on the local tram you'll happily go past it everyday and think that it might be worth giving a try but probably then stay at home instead.  From a tram, Bierkeller looks pretty underwhelming.  It just looks pretty average from its exterior and is something they should work to improve.


interior

On this inside however, Bierkeller is pubish and modern and generally pretty attractive.  Not top of the line as far as trendy restaurants and bars go but still pretty nice.



fork

Bierkeller has plenty of European craft beers to match the Austrian styled food.  It's a nice match and adds to making it stand out from general restaurant offerings around the city.

sausages

Bierkeller also manages to add its own elegance to what is quite traditional food.  The simplicity really stands out in a good way.  It manages to inspire the mind in a world of information overload that we live in.

cabbage

You can't go wrong with sauerkraut although you obviously have to like pickles, whatever they may be.  I like sauerkraut when matched with the appropriate food but I have to admit I'm not one who is going to add it to every dish.  Then again, I'm Chinese so maybe that's not such a surprise.

customer

As you can see, the smile is very real and highlights real satisfaction with the food at Bierkeller.  It really does taste great and well as looking quite spectacular on the plate.  I can genuinely say I had  a great time at Bierkeller.

meat

Of course if you know your Austrian or German food you know that you have to enjoy meet and lots of it.  Basically stay well clear if you are vegetarian.  However, for the meat eaters a great dinner at an Austrian restaurant is something to look forward to.

I have to admit that I could never go to an Austria or German restaurant day after day. I love my meat but it would literally kill me.  But for my taste buds I have to admit, Bierkeller seems a great example of what Austrian food has to offer.  It's probably not too authentic (how would I know) but it certainly tastes great.  Importantly for some, they manage to make it look fantastic as well.  

dessert

I really loved the desserts at Bierkeller.  Talk about hitting it out of the ballpark.  It's very rare to be genuinely impressed by dessert but Bierkeller really delivered.

salami

All up all I can say is that Bierkeller really impressed me.  If you pass by on the tram each and every day I think you should think again and check Bierkeller out.  I am pretty sure you will be impressed and satisfied and probably even tell your friends.  Of course you have to like this type of food but if you do I have a feeling you'll be back.

pretzel

Stay up to date by Liking Me at:
 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


Bierkeller
Rating: 4
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Cuisine Type: Bavarian and German
Address: 306 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121
Telephone: (03) 9429 6724
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog


Getting There

Post a Comment

0 Comments