Madame Sousou - Review - Fitzroy

Madame Sousou is a nice French restaurant in Fitzroy.  It's a perfect place to go now that Autumn is upon us.  It's has that nice European feel too it that perfectly suits this time of year.





Madam Sousou is certainly well decorated inside.  I like the nice cosy atmosphere that this creates and it does get busy.  If you like the idea of Madam Sossou I recommend booking ahead to avoid disappointment or arriving early.  Even on week nights it can get busy here. 

Very cosy
Madam Sousou looks the part and the staff seemed nicely French.  I can't guarantee this will always be the case but it it is always mentally comforting when the food style matches the proprietors.  I hope that doesn't offend.


So presentation and style wise Madam Sousou is looking good so far.  Thankfully, style is accompanied with substance. Some of Madame Sousou's food is hearty in a classic kind of way while others have that modern contemporary feel to them.


This is great, as depending on how you feel, you can swing both ways.  It's also great because you can enjoy old school charm and yet enjoy the modern presentation style of food at the same time.  Hopefully the photographs manage to convey what I'm talking about.


I also have to comment on the quality of service.  When I was there this really was great.  It's amazing what a great difference good service makes.  It just makes the whole experience that much more satisfying.


You can see above how the plate is decorated in such a nice way.  I love it.  The vegetables have that French simplicity that makes you smile.


Modern and simple yet still tasting great.



We waited awhile for our dessert to arrive.  Although it doesn't look that amazing on the plate it tasted great and you are also comforted that its not pre-pared sitting under a warmer. I wish more desserts felt like they were hot off the plate.


Never miss a review by Liking Me at:
 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Madame Sousou
In a nutshell: A stylish, welcoming, old school, charming French restaurant that enchants in smell, taste, environment and service. 

I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Rating: 4 stars  
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Telephone:
(03) 9417 0400
Address:
231 Brunswick St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Reviewed By:
Date Published: 21 April 2016

Please feel free to leave comments here on my blog and to stay up to date with all my forthcoming reviews, sign up on Facebook here:




Post a Comment

0 Comments