Papa Piccolo - Review - Moonee Ponds

Papa Piccolo (561 Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039) is a nice pub styled (Italian If you didn't guess) restaurant in suburban Moonee Ponds.  By pub styled I mean a modern version not old school.


Papa Piccolo is open, bright and welcoming
Papa Piccolo is open, bright and welcoming
Papa Piccolo has a nice clean feel and atmosphere and still manages to feel welcoming.  It probably lacks a bit of homeliness or comfort feel but overall its all good.





All the food at Papa Piccolo has that spare modern look but is still attractive all the same.


I am more than happy to say that the food was all good.  Not necessarily spectacular but of a nice overall standard and more than fair pricing.  Style wise the food all looks great on the plate and tastes pretty good as well.


I myself have checked some of the reviews and I am a bit surprised by the negativity of other people.  Maybe my expectations are not so great or maybe the other local restaurants are a lot better.  As I don't actually live around Moonee Ponds I can't say how Papa Piccolo compares. 


I personally quite enjoyed being there and the service was first rate.  If you don't expect finedining I think Papa Piccolo is pretty good


I guess on the above dish, it was a bit dry but nevertheless it still tasted great and maybe they'll have to think about maybe having something besides fries and the side dish.  However, I can't really blame them as I know fries tend to be a crowd favourite.

On the otherside of the coin I am not a big fan of what appears to be the prepackaged sauce/syrups that are often spreads atop desserts.  Again, this just seems so common that I shouldn't complain about it.  Still, it is definitely a way for the better restaurants to stand above the crowd.  Read on for my summary.

 Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
In a nutshell
A nice suburban Italian restaurant that is neither spectacular nor particularly bad.  If you are looking for a local place to go for dinner there's nothing to complain about but it's probably not that memorable either.  Nice but not special.

Papa Piccolo


Papa Piccolo
Food Type: Italian and Western
Telephone: 03 9370 0997
Address: 561 Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds VIC 3039

Rating: 3 stars
Would I go again: No
Would I recommend to a friend: No
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments