Maya Tequila Bar And Grill - Review - Toorak Road

Maya Tequila Bar And Grill is on Toorak Road and reasonably close to South Yarra Station. It's location makes it very accessible and it certainly was very busy when I was there.  But does seeming business success make it a must go dining venue?


Maya Tequila Bar And Grill menu image
Maya Tequila Bar And Grill menu



First impressions are very positive.  This place really is pumping.  While I am generally not a big fan of Mexican food, when I come across a place I really enjoy I do appreciate it.  I am just not getting the vibe from Maya Tequila Bar And Grill.


snack

Maya Tequila Bar And Grill is pretty nice inside.  I guess you could describe it as narrowish with nice red brick walls and a bar like atmosphere.  It's got a nice young, happy go lucky feeling on a Friday night but I am here for the food and atmospherics while nice are their to contribute to the dining experience.


ribs

Needless to say that overall I am not that impressed by Maya Tequila Bar And Grill.  the food seems pretty bland and definitely lacking in flavour.  I kind of get the feeling that if I was at home and downloading a recipe from Mr Google I'd score myself a better tasting and satisfying meal.
beer

Of course I am sure many people here tonight are here for more than the food.  I will say that it's nice and relaxed and with a good crowd of friends it would make for a nice casual night out and dining experience.


interior

The food would still be just above average but the night itself would probably be great.


roll

To sum up, the food is okay but it's a nice enough place to go out for dinner, especially if you live nearby.  I certainly wouldn't recommend coming here from further afield though.

In a nutshell
Okay but not special. Nice enough for locals, especially if you work around here on a Friday night.

Maya Tequila Bar And Grill

Maya Tequila Bar And Grill
Food Type: Spanish
Telephone: (03) 9866 8836
Address: 74 Toorak Rd, South Yarra VIC 3141

Rating: 3 stars
Would I go again: No
Would I recommend to a friend: No
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments