The Crane - Review - 212 Little Bourke Street Melbourne, VIC 3000

The Crane Chinese restaurant review, Little Bourke Street, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog
The Crane restaurant in Chinatown is a nice budget Chinese restaurant.  It is always a good sign if there are plenty of customers so rest assured that The Crane is pretty good as far as a cheap and cheerful Chinese restaurant goes.

Interior
Crowded and popular
Hainan special chicken is always a favourite of mind.  I've always wondered why it is often declared Hainan as to my own personal history its very Cantonese.  I digress.  Anyway, this was kind of what you expect but if you make the effort to cook this at home you can do better.
Chicken
Hainan Chicken



A bit of spice is always good.  I love my chilly and this looks hotter than it actually is.  Anyway, a nice dish to quench the taste buds.
Hot and spicy chicken image
Hot and spicy chicken
Vietnamese inspired fried quail is a personal favourite of mine.  When I dine Vietnamese this is always so tempting.  It's not so much the quail as the combination of the quail with the other ingredients.  Anyway, this was great although I can get better in Footscray.
Quail

Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

The Crane
In a nutshell: One of the better of the cheapo type Chinese restaurants in Chinatown.

Rating: 3.5 stars
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: 03 9663 1851
Address:  212 Little Bourke Street  Melbourne, VIC 3000
Reviewed By:

Interior



Post a Comment

0 Comments