Friday, 31 October 2014

The Crane - Review - 212 Little Bourke Street Melbourne, VIC 3000

The Crane restaurant in Chinatown is a nice budget Chinese restaurant.  It is always a good sign if there are plenty of customers so rest assured that The Crane is pretty good as far as a cheap and cheerful Chinese restaurant goes.

Crowded and popular
Hainan special chicken is always a favourite of mind.  I've always wondered why it is often declared Hainan as to my own personal history its very Cantonese.  I digress.  Anyway, this was kind of what you expect but if you make the effort to cook this at home you can do better.
Hainan Chicken
A bit of spice is always good.  I love my chilly and this looks hotter than it actually is.  Anyway, a nice dish to quench the taste buds.
Hot and spicy chicken image
Hot and spicy chicken
Vietnamese inspired fried quail is a personal favourite of mine.  When I dine Vietnamese this is always so tempting.  It's not so much the quail as the combination of the quail with the other ingredients.  Anyway, this was great although I can get better in Footscray.

Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
 The Crane
In a nutshell: One of the better of the cheapo type Chinese restaurants in Chinatown.

Rating: 3.5 stars
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: 03 9663 1851
Address:  212 Little Bourke Street  Melbourne, VIC 3000
Reviewed By:
Date Published: 31 October 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment

MTV News