Ghin Khao - Review - Swanston St

Ghin Khao (242 Swanston St  Melbourne VIC 3000) is a Thai restaurant in the heart of Swanston Street.  It does seem to be a magnet of some sort but I am kind of left wondering why.



Well it does have a super location and we all know that having customers naturally pulls in more customers.  We really can be sheep can't we.  I get the feeling that is the case with Ghin Khao as it really isn't anything special but just happens to be pumping. 



Thai is one of my favourite cuisines.  In fact when I first tried it I thought it was fantastic.  Maybe I'm  a bit worn out with age these days but I'd like to think I'm a bit more discerning now.  Some might call it wisdom!  Anyway, I do find that tom yum soup now days seems to have an over supply of sugar.  This seemed to be the case with the Ghin Khao version.  Its nice enough in its own right but not really my cup of tea now.  If you are a sweet tooth, this modern version of tom yum soup may appeal.


All said and done Ghin Khao is okay.  It fills a gap in the stomach and it tastes okay.  Its not special but its not bad either.  With a full house of customers you can always enjoy a bit of people watching while enjoying your meal.

Ghin Khao

Rating - 3Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9663 3345
Address: 242 Swanston St  Melbourne VIC 3000
Reviewed By: Howie Be

Post a Comment

0 Comments