Hien Vuong - Review - Footscray

If you haven't guessed by now I live in Footscray.  If you haven't already noticed there are a gazillion Vietnamese restaurants here.  This is always going to make it difficult for them to stand out from the pack and make an impression.  Keep in mind you can make an impression for all the wrong reasons as well.
Utilitarian but nice, clean and bright


Well Hien Vuong is middle of the pack.  There is basically nothing outstanding either from its look or its food.  Its kinda utilitarian in the extreme.  If you want the basics of Vietnamese restaurant food they've got it covered.  Anything else and this is not the place to come too.  However, for some of us all we may feel like is the pho noodles and then Hien Vuong will certainly satisfy in this case.  
Regular accompaniment to your pho
Well as the menu isn't particularly expansive I inevitably go for my old favourite, beef special noodles (pho). While it certainly isn't the best I've ever had its nice enough for me to consider going back there again sometime.
Beef special pho
The spicy beef noodles or 'bun bo hue' is another of my favourites as its one of the spicier Vietnamese noodle soups.  Again, while I wouldn't say this is best ever its nice enough.  I guess you can tell Vien Huong is really a place of convenience.  You go there for a bite to eat but don't expect something special.
Spicy 'bun bo hue' pho noodles
Hien Vuong
Rating - 3.5
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9687 1470
Address: 146 Hopkins St, Footscray VIC 3011, Australia
Reviewed By: Howie Be


Post a Comment

0 Comments