Sapa Hills - Review - Footscray

Review of Sapa Hills by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog Sapa Hills is probably the most trendy looking Vietnamese restaurant in Footscray.  It also happens to be one of the busiest, by my estimate the third busiest in fact.  

Sapa Hills is certainly striking and its nice to be in an attractive looking restaurant as often Asian restaurant treasure value or quality over aesthetics. 


Modern and open interior
To be honest I was expecting better.  Quickly checking Urban Spoon indicates very positive reviews. Maybe I was looking for something more authentic.  In reality what I was looking for was enticing attractive and tasty food. 
Sapa Hills Special spring rolls



Sometimes you are just in the mood for spring rolls even though you know you shouldn't. The so called 'Special' Sapa Hills spring rolls were nice enough but special is probably stretching the truth.  If you are a fan of spring rolls I'd suggest to go with the standard offering.

Special quail with spicy salt
Special quail with spicy salt
After having the deep fried quail at a neighbouring restaurant I was really looking  forward to the quail.  The last time I tried this dish it was exquisite so my expectations were high.  Again I was disappointed.  Maybe they were having an off night but I wasn't particularly impressed with Sapa Hills so far.   
Combination beef pho soup noodles
Combination beef pho soup noodles
The old faithfuls in any Vietnamese restaurants are the pho noodles.  Now these are a particularly standard dish.  All I will say is that these were probably the most satisfying of the night.
Beef and tripe pho noodles
Beef and tripe pho noodles
So really to some up Sapa Hills was a letdown.  Its definitely style over substance and it does have me a bit stonkered as to why they are so busy.

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


Sapa Hills

Sapa Hills
Food Type: Vietnamese
Telephone: (03) 9687 5729
Address: 112 Hopkins St, Footscray VIC 3011

Rating: 3.5 stars
Would I go again: No
Would I recommend to a friend: No
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments