The French Lettuce Patisserie and Bakery - Fitzroy - Review

French Lettuce Patisserie and Bakery restaurant review, Fitzroy, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog The French Lettuce Patisserie and Bakery  in Fitzroy proudly parades itself as being 'Voted Melbourne's Best Vanilla Slice'.  Having run past it many lunchtimes I thought it was about time that they were put to the test.
cakesVoted Melbourne's Best image




Now in Melbourne there are some iconic patisseries.  However, a winning vote is not to be sneezed at, especially one coming from the Melbourne Age.  I am more than happy to report that the French Lettuce Patisserie definitely deserves its accolades.  I wish that this was a more of a cafe so more people could experience their vanilla slice.  However, this more of a pickup and go bakery. If you do make the journey you'll be looking forward to the next time you can get there.  This place is that good.cake




cake
The icon
I wish I could describe how good the vanilla slice really is.  Put it this way, while writing this I wish I could be there right now.

dessert

The other cakes are equally as good.  The French Lettuce Patisserie really does shame most of the cake shops in St Kilda. 

cake

If you are anywhere near the city and can make it to Fitzroy I really do suggest you try coming here.  I don't usually recommend make special trips to any restaurant or cafe but this is one of those few times. Enjoy.

A nice selection of devine cakes
Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


French Lettuce Patisserie and Bakery

French Lettuce Patisserie and Bakery
Food Type: Western and Italian
Telephone: (03) 9347 7311
Address: 237 Nicholson St, Carlton VIC 3053

Rating: 5 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: I can't wait!
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

1 Comments