The Farmers Wife - Review - Colac

Well for something a bit different here is The Farmers Wife in Colac.  I do like to get into regional Victoria and Colac isn't really a destination in itself.  Its more of a stopping off point if you are heading to or back from the Great Ocean Road.  For us Melbournians having a taste of the city in the country doesn't always happen.  Its snobby I know but I am sure some of you know what I mean.  Anyway, I am more than happy to report that The Farmers Wife is a real treat.  Country prices for food quality and selection that surpasses many cafes in Melbourne.



Unfortunately 'The Farmers Wife' doesn't really stand out from other shops as you drive down the high street of Colac so you are going to have to search it out.  However, if the timing is right in your journey I am sure you will be more than satisfied.



The Farmers Wife is part delicatessen and part cafe.  If you love your cheese and cured meats you will love this place.  You can make up your own selection and pretend you're in Italy or France.  Okay, maybe a bit far fetched but you know what I mean.
A gourmet delight
A gourmet delight
 I really encourage you to go in, choose your favourites and enjoy.


Selection of cheese, cured meats and crackers
Selection of cheese, cured meats and crackers
The above selection comes at a bargain price by Melbourne standards. 

The Farmers Wife

The Farmers Wife
Food Type: Western
Telephone: (03) 5231 5666
Address: 136 Murray Street, Colac VIC 3250

Rating: 4.5 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:   

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. added to the "To Eat At Whilst in Melbourne" list (along with a note to google 'Colac').

    ReplyDelete