Sofitel's No.35 - Review - Collins St, CBD

A bit of a quick photo essay as I am feeling a bit lazy. Sofitel's No.35 restaurant is in a prime level location and by level I mean floor 35. Being on Collins Street you are guaranteed great views. Its not the perfect place for viewing Melbourne but as an addition to your dining pleasure its definitely a plus.
view
A view from the top


Today you will get  a bit of a mini rundown on their degustation offering. Keep in mind menu's are constantly changing so here today gone tomorrow.
smoked eel
Amuse - smoked eel
I am not going to say much about the 'Amuse' or in plain old English, smoked eel. As you can see presentation is immaculate (an this applies to all dishes in the degustation). However, I will say that over the eight dishes in the menu that I believe that the mix between hot and cold is not quite right. I was wishing for more hot food but maybe in summer everything would seem perfect.


The local beetroot salad with Woodside goats curd, rhubarb and smoked marrow is again impressive. It looks and tastes great but its again a cold dish.
Beetroot salad image
Beetroot salad with goats curd, rhubarb and smoked marrow
And onto the Atlantic salmon with compressed cucumber, fennel and yoghurt. All I will say about this is this is another beautifully presented dish and tastes great. But did I mention that its...

Well I am kind of a third way through the degustation menu so think of this as part one. Expect  a follow up but I will be venturing elsewhere in between.


The meal was matched with wines. They certainly cover a lot of bases with the matched wines so expect to be surprised and trying a few new things - both types of wines and countries of the world. Its something a bit different so kudos to No.35.

No. 35

No. 35
Food Type: Western
Telephone: (03) 9653 7744
Address: 35/25 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments