Infinite Wasabi - Review - Hidden Japanese

Infinite Wasabi cafe restaurant review, Southbank, Melbourne Infinite Wasabi (3/4 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006) is a Japanese restaurant/cafe on Southbank.  Unfortunately it has a poor location so I believe lots of people would never know it exists.

Kirin beer

A great thing about Infinite Wasabi is that they have genuine Japanese sourced beer and not licensed Australian made Japanese beer.  If you are really fussy about your beer this may really mean something to you.

Kirin Beer
The genuine article





Infinite Wasabi is definitely more of a cafe than a restaurant.  So if fine dining is your thing then it's not for you.

sushi

I am a big fan of unagi (eel) but I only ever eat it Japanese style.  If it's on the menu I naturally gravitate to it as it isn't at all Japanese cafe type venues.  Of course, I love the taste as well.  If you've never tried eel before I recommend you try it at least once in your lifetime.

unagi

I like Infinite Wasabi's unassuming nature.  It's honest Japanese food and of course being on Southbank it's a nice pleasant walk here.


Don't expect views of the Yarra from Infinite Wasabi.  You won't get it if you eat inside although there is an outside area that will offer views of a sort.


Infinite Wasabi has a pretty extensive menu so it should have most people covered.  I like the general presentation of the food but that's almost a given for a Japanese restaurant.


Overall, the quality of the food here is good but not exceptional.  However, for me at least the unagi is really great and they are surprisingly generous.  I would go back purely for the unagi and genuine Japanese beer.  Everyone's different!

Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Infinite Wasabi
Rating: 3.5
Would I go again: Not really but it's good as a budget type cafe.
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Cuisine Type: Japanese
Address: 3/4 Riverside Quay, Southbank VIC 3006
Telephone: (03) 9696 6851
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting There

Post a Comment

0 Comments