Sezar - Restaurant Review - 6 Melbourne Pl, Melbourne VIC 3000

Sezar restaurant in the CBD of Melbourne certainly is hidden.  It has an interesting and semi unusual menu so it's kind of worth checking out for that alone.  So many menu's are kind of standardised these days so it's worth rewarding the restaurants who try something a bit different if all the other elements warrant your business. 


customers
Busy and happy customers
Sezar can get pretty packed although when I went it just just opened.  It is a competitive industry and because you do have to seek out Sezar (rather than come across it) I hope it is still doing the business.




oyster
Oysters

When I went they certainly had good service and staff were frequently coming around to check how things were going without being onerous.  This is always a good thing.

roll

The food is pretty original by todays standard and the dishes all tasted good.  Some were pretty special and others good but overall the standard is high.


salad

As you can see, there appears to be a Japanese design element in the presentation of the dishes.  It's kind of spartan but matches well with the apparent simplicity of some of the dishes.
food

It's a bit hard to describe Sezar's menu.  It is Armenian so I guess this explains its general difference from what you get elsewhere.  If you want to check out the menu beforehand which might be advisable, have a look here.


platter

Judging by photo's on Sezar's website my menu seems pretty typical of what is on offer. There's an intent on simplicity and good tasting food without overwhelming the palate with too many flavours.


meat

I enjoyed the atmosphere at Sezar as well as the food and the service.  All up it was an enjoyable menu and has me wanting to test them out again.


veges

By test I actually mean it.  I am not totally convinced on Sezar's menu but equally I'm quite willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I enjoyed it enough to want to check them out again sometime so that must mean they are doing something right. 


Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Sezar

Sezar
Food Type: Western
Telephone: 03 9663 9882
Address: 6 Melbourne Pl, Melbourne 3000

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:
dessert



Post a Comment

0 Comments