Mona Lisa On Lygon Street - Review - Carlton

Mona Lisa On Lygon Street (258 Lygon Street, Carlton VIC 3053) is one of the multitude of restaurants on Lygon Street.  Now while it certainly feels nice and kind of a bit special dining on Lygon Street I am not certain of the overall quality in general.  My feeling of Lygon Street dining is that in general terms it is overrated.


Mona Lisa
Sole



Now, Mona Lisa On Lygon Street is actually pretty good.  It not like one of the finedining restaurants in the CBD but the quality of the food is pretty good.


Mona Lisa
Yummy whitebait
I also enjoy that they have some options that are both very good and also not in every single restaurant.  Uniqueness seems a bit thin on the ground these days 


Mona Lisa
Whitebait
The souffle is a house specialty and definitely worth having.  I am no expert on souffle but I certainly enjoyed it.
Mona Lisa
Souffle
A big plus with Mona Lisa On Lygon Street is the home feel and hospitality.  They really do make you feel at home (in a positive way) and this makes a lasting impression.


Mona Lisa

So Mona Lisa On Lygon Street is kind of a middling restaurant but with lots of positive aspects to it.  It's not in the upper echelon food wise but all up I feel like it is a restaurant worth trying out if you are a regular diner.  The dining package is greater than the sum of its parts and for that I am thankful

Mona Lisa On Lygon

Mona Lisa On Lygon
Food Type: Italian
Telephone: (03) 9078 4426
Address: 258 Lygon Street, Carlton VIC 3053

Rating: 3 stars
Would I go again: No
Would I recommend to a friend: No
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments