Taketori Fusion - Review - 225 King St Melbourne, VIC 3000

Taketori Fusion  (225 King St  Melbourne, VIC 3000) is a nice Japanese restaurant in King Street.   I have to admit it can feel a bit derelict at night on King Street even during the week although this is probably a symptom of winter time.  Given that Taketori Fusion realistically is in the inner city it does feel quiet having a restaurant here.


I really like the decor of Taketori Fusion.  It makes an impression and according to the proprietor was all handpainted by themselves.  It's nice to see a totally homegrown business in this day and age, especially when the quality is good.
I particularly like the presentation of the food at Taketori Fusion.  I guess you could call this an Asian take on beef carpaccio.  Anyway, it certainly was as good as it looked  A nice stand out.


Well, gyoza is hardly a surprise at a Japanese restaurant.  Again, nicely presented and they tasted great although not exceptional.  keep in mind, too stand out with a gyoza is going to be pretty difficult to do.  Nice.
A bit of saki is always nice to make you feel that you are actually having Japanese.  The authentic porcelain adds to the atmosphere and it all looks rather nice on the table.
I am a tempura fan even though I know I really shouldn't partake.  Deep fried but great.  As you can see this lives up to the standard of quality tempura.  Just a nice light dusting of batter and delicately fried.  It tasted as good as it looks.
This hotpot of sorts is perfect on a winter night.  It nicely rounds out the meal and has typical asian flavours although I would say it was not special compared to other dishes we tried.

Taketori Fusion
Rating - 3.5
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: (03) 9939 8152
Address: 225 King St  Melbourne, VIC 3000
Reviewed By: Howie Be



Post a Comment

0 Comments