Kawa Sake - Review - Yarraville

Kawa Sake Japnese restaurant review, Yarraville, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog
Kawa Sake is an attractive, cosy and distinctive Japanese restaurant  in Yarraville (3 Anderson St  Yarraville VIC 3013).


When you come across Kawa Sake you can't help make a note that I must go there someday. It makes a lasting visual impression on you.

Edamame
Edamame beans
I can't help but order the edamame beans.  I liked them so much the first time I tried them.  They are basically quickly poached or par boiled soy beans that are lightly salted.  Okay it probably doesn't sond the most enticing dish ever but when you get them done perfectly they are their own sort of devine.  However, like most things I think freshness is imperative.  I get the feeling that they are generally a lot better in Japan than I'll ever find over here.  I'm not going to stop trying to seek them out though.     
As you can see Kawa Sake have a nice selection of dishes that raise them above the standard generic style of Japanese found quite commonly now days.  It's nice to have a few things that seem at least slightly original or different on the menu so kudos to Kawa Sake.
I wouldn't say that Kawa Sake is exceptional in any particular way.  Its definitely better than quite a few of the lesser Japanese restaurants but doesn't grab you thinking I'd like to come here again.  If I lived around the corner I would but even one suburb away I would really make a special trip to Kawa Sake.
Gyoza image
Gyoza
As you can see Kawa Sake is one of those niche kind of establishments that has it own sense of character and style.  I like that Kawa Sake at least slightly stands out from the crowd.

You can tell that there is some kind of attention to detail and design at Kawa Sake.   It does have elements that seem to be at least slightly authentic.

Time for a bit of Saki I think.
Well, the dessert looks like something out of a cheap Chinese restaurant.  I'm being harsh here. It was nice enough but not special.

Is that Mount Fuji?

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Kawa Sake
In a nutshell: Kawa Sake is an attractive, cosy and distinctive Japanese restaurant.

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9687 8690
Address: 3 Anderson Street, Yarraville VIC 3013
Reviewed By:
Date Published: 20 February 2014


Follow me on Facebook and stay up to date with all my future reviews here:
 Please feel free to contribute your own comments.


Post a Comment

0 Comments