Kake Di Hatti - Review - East Brunswick

Kake Di Hatti (128 Lygon St, East Brunswick) is kind of your basic Indian restaurant.  Its the perfect place if you are craving some Tandoori chicken on a budget.
Basic classic diner interior

Tandoori Chicken


While the surroundings are never going to win an indoor decorating award all the food is great and of reasonable portion size.


Mango Lassi
I generally am not the biggest fan of Indian food.  I just can't get over the feeling of eating lots of fat.  Never the less it is nice to have Indian every now and again.  Part of this experience is having the classic mango lassi.  While I could never have this on a regular basis I do enjoy it when I have the urge.
Amritsari Kulcha Naan
Another great reason to have Indian is to have some of many varieties of naan bread.  I tend to stick to garlic but do enjoy the dessert naan.  This of course isn't for everyone but is worth a try if you feel slightly daring.

Lamb biryani image
Lamb biryani
Now as far as Indian classics go, the lamb biryani is yet another.  This is one of my all time favourite Indian dishes.  The quality does vary quite widely and it now seems quite common for some rather bony bits of meat to be included but I think that's probably my western sensitivities coming to the fore.  This probably isn't an all time classic but nice all the same.
Beef Vindaloo image
Beef Vindaloo
Everyone really should have a vindaloo each time they go to an Indian.  It really is nice to have one of the hot dishes to balance out the more mild ones...Korma anyone?  Anyway,  I could never say I am a connoisseur of a quality Indian curry.  However, most people can tell  a bad one.  Happily this was a good one.

Chicken Korma image
Chicken Korma
Anyway, all up the food more than makes up for the basic appearance of Kake Di Hatti.  While I would not make a special trip here if happened to be in the vicinity its worth having a bite to eat here.

Kake Di Hatti
Rating - 3.5

Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9387 7771
Address:  128 Lygon St, East Brunswick
Reviewed By: Howie Be

Post a Comment

0 Comments