Zaatar - Review - 365 Sydney Road, Coburg

If you are willing to make a special effort to revisit a place it must be doing something right.  Zaatar (365 Sydney Rd, Coburg VIC 3058) is such a place.




As you can see, Zaatar has an open air feel, is modern, sleek and bright.  They bake their bread on the premises and if you've never tried zaatar seasoning (a mix of sumac, sesame seeds, marjoram and oregano) you are in for a treat.  Zaatar is fantastic on warm fresh bread straight out of the oven.  I could have this everyday.
Zaatar is probably best as a brunch breakfast place.  It is very busy and popular cafe and everyone just seems so happy.  That is, the customers and workers alike.  I like the vibe of the place although it isn't in anyway a hipster place.  It has a cool vibe in a different way. 

After seeing multiple people get wheeled out the Lebanese equivalent of a big breakfast I was dying to try this the next time I came here.  To be honest this was a bit bland so if you do make a special trip here I wouldn't recommend this as there is plenty of other food to satisfy your taste buds.
Of course, Baklava is a standard of middle eastern food.  If you didn't happen to know baklava is it is rich, sweet pastry made of layers of filo pastry filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey.  I particularly enjoy the pistachio baklava but I guess everyone has their own favourites.
As you see, Zaatar presents its food in a simple yet elegant way that really highlights the food.

Zaatar
Rating - 4
Would I go again - I have

Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: (03) 9939 9494
Address: 365 Sydney Rd, Coburg VIC 3058
Reviewed By: Howie Be

Post a Comment

0 Comments