Awash - Review - Footscray

Awash is an African restaurant and also one of my favourites in Footscray.  I think the food is outstanding and I really enjoy its service with a smile.  The proprietor really is lovely and the food seems pretty much cooked on the spot.


Don't be put of by its appearance
Don't be put of by its appearance
After having been to a few other African restaurants I really appreciate the quality of the food here at Awash.  Its definitely better than most, its fragrant, fresh and lovingly prepared. The service here is also top notch and the proprietor is lovely. 




I always wish that I could make the African food look more appealing.  It just doesn't look appealing from a photographic perspective unless maybe I was African myself.  Anyway, be assured that it tastes great.




Be careful not to get carried away with ordering too much of the African bread (injera) as it is very filling.



Although the interior of Awash is very basic, it is comforting and has some original components.

The other great thing about Awash is that it seems to permeate with a community feel.  There seems to be quite a few other African customers (always a good sign) and they seem to know and help out the proprietor.  Are you getting a nice fuzzy feeling?



Awash

Awash
Food Type: African
Telephone: (03) 9687 1955
Address: 2/64 Hopkins St, Footscray VIC 3011

Rating: 4.5 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments