Bebida - Review - Fitzroy

Now Smith St in Fitzroy is kind of an underground area although its pretty well known so maybe I'm fooling myself.  Smith St is home to outlet leisure and sportswear/footware shops so its a perfect place to do a bit of shopping and combine it with a trip to your favourite cafe or restaurant.  You wouldn't know it by day but there are actually a huge amount of restaurants here.  


Be warned that Smith St does have a bit of a reputation of unsavoury activity, think, drug dealers but I think that's unjustified and due to gentrification is likely decreasing everyday. Definitely don't be put off as I believe this is more by reputation that anything else and is one of my favourite areas. I go there regularly.



Anyway, Bebida is definitely worth a visit. Its small and cosy, has heaps of character, there is an outdoor space on the pavement for diners, an interior courtyard if you can get there before the crowds and the menu is dominated by Spanish and Italian.  This really is a bit of a special place so if you are in the area go there for brunch and treat yourself.


Chargrilled kangaroo
Okay the chargrilled Kangaroo with sweet potato crisps isn't really Spanish, atleast not the kangaroo bit but it tasted fantastic and is certainly something a bit different.  The classic beef burger with sweet potato fries also doesn't classify as Spanish so think of me as being geographically challenged.  Anyway, what I can vouch for is the taste and quality of the food and it was a real positive surprise. 

 I will be going back one of these days and that means something.


Bebida

Bebida
Food Type: Spanish
Telephone: (03) 9419 5260
Address: 325 Smith Street, Fitzroy VIC 3065

Rating: 3.5 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments