Leroy's Cafe - Review - Newport

Leroy's Cafe is a popular cafe in Newport (5 Mason St, Newport VIC 3015) just around the corner from The Substation if you want to capture some art and a grab a great brunch and coffee. I'm not a local so I tend to go here when we go to The Substation but it is a busy place so that is always a good sign.

Reuben

I am a sucker for a Reuben sandwhich and if it's on the menu I tend to give it a go. I am happy that Australian cafe's give this classic a try but most tend not to live up to my expectations. Anyway Leroy's Cafe is an honourable attempt but I am still not convinced. It's good but not great. Still I am happy to see it.

Reuben2

Leroy's Cafe is kind of pumping. It has a frequent stream of customers which does create a nice atmosphere. They also have an extensive, varied and somewhat different menu from your standard cafe. Always a good thing and definitely plus.



Menu

The food here is generally very good and is reflected in me being a repeat customer. Leroy's does a great modern take on its dishes and they all come out very well presented. Leroy's takes pride in the presentation and it's nice to feel special when you have your Saturday brunch.

Food

I guess you could say the interior is somewhat busy. Kind of reflecting its high patronage! Anyway, it's modern, open and bright and generally quite nice although not exceptional. Still where it counts is where Leroy's Cafe delivers. The food is great tasting, immaculately presented, fairly priced and the customer service is great. Just a nice cafe experience!

Leroy's interior

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond

If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Keep up to date on your favourite apps
Follow us on Facebook link or Instagram link

Leroy's Café

Rating: 4.5
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Cuisine Type: Contemporary modern café style
Address: 5 Mason St, Newport VIC 3015
Telephone: (03) 9399 4187
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting to Leroy's Cafe


Post a Comment

0 Comments