Niku Niku - Review - Melbourne CBD

Niku Niku - Restaurant Review - Melbourne, Australia Niki Niku is a Japanese restaurant in the CBD (338 Queen St,Melbourne VIC 3000).  What sets Niku Niku apart from most Japanese restaurants in Melbourne is its decor and some of its menu items.

Niku Niku interior

Om rice for instance is quite famous and popular in Japan but you generally won't find it around Melbourne.  While I'm not a big fan of om rice it's good to see it on offer here at Niku Niku.



Om rice
Om Rice
Again, this dish isn't something you are going to find everywhere.  I like that Niku Niku is a bit different from other Japanese restaurants.  Variety is the spice of life they say!

Squid

Like most restaurants in Melbourne most of the seafood isn't fresh.  I'm not going to complain though because that is kind of standard in Melbourne.  It's the price of living in Australia which is really quite expensive globally speaking.

Caviar

Generally, I really like the food at Niku Niku.  It's not outstanding but I'm not paying an exhorbitant price either.  Everything is pretty much reasonable and sometimes that's good enough.

Lobster

While I am in no rush to get back to Niku Niku I'd consider going back there maybe once a year.  That might not seem like praise but it actually is.  The restaurant trade is fierce in Melbourne so for me to consider going back there for Japanese is no mean feat.

Food

So all round I quite like Niku Niku.  It's not exceptional but nor is it run of the mill.  It manages to make it's own statement at a fair price. A job well done.

Seared beef


Get every review by Liking Me at:
and keep up to date with all our great food photo's at
Things to do in west and outer west Melbourne
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Niku Niku
Rating: 3.5
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Cuisine Type: Japanese
Address: 338 Queen St,Melbourne VIC 3000
Telephone: (03) 9942 2559
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting There

Post a Comment

0 Comments