Pabu - Review - Smith Street

Pabu restaurant review, Smith Street, Collingwood, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog Pabu Grill & Sake on Smith Street (190 Smith St, Collingwood VIC 3066).  As frequent readers know, Smith Street is one of my favourite places in Melbourne.  It's such a hub of activity and arguably better than Brunswick Street these days.

Spring rolls

Is it just me?  It just seems that Smith Street is just a bit over priced these days.  I like Pabu Grill & Sake, it's small and cosy, kinda trendy and the food is pretty good.  It just seems a bit too expensive for what it is. 

Eating

Now, I'm not blaming Pabu Grill & Sake specifically, it's more a Smith Street trend.  Anyway, the servings are a bit on the smallish side although they all look good in the traditional Japanese way.
Tempura




The food is all good quality and tastes great and I guess they do have some special set menu's that are designed to be better value but I am still seemingly a bit disappointed.

Noodles

I just can't get over the value proposition of Pabu Grill & Sake.  It's a nice place but in no way exceptional and there is plenty of competition in the Japanese food space (although seemingly around the same pricing level).

Noodles

As you can see below, Pabu Grill & Sake does look quite enticing.  No real complaints here.

Interior
Kinda trendy
And there are deals so too speak albeit not that exciting to me.  But I might be an outlier.

Signage
Specials
Keep up to date with all my reviews by Liking Me at:
and catch my photo's on Instagram by following me on Instagram:

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


Pabu

Pabu
Food Type: Western
Telephone: (03) 9419 6141
Address: 190 Smith St, Collingwood VIC 3066

Rating: 3.5 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Post a Comment

0 Comments