Radii - Restaurant Review - 1 Parliament Place, Melbourne VIC 3002)

Radii (1 Parliament Place, Melbourne VIC 3002) is one of those typical hotel restaurants.  It is kind of nice, is kind of stylish but never feels truly spectacular. 


As you can see, Radii looks quite grand even if the lighting is somewhat tacky.  Then again, like I said, for a hotel restaurant its kind of par for the course. Neither great nor horrible.


As you can see, the dishes are nicely presented.  Overall, the food at Radii is good but never spectacular.  Radii is perhaps showing its age a tiny bit and probably needs a bit of an interior upgrade.  If you happen to near here its probably worth having a meal here. 

However, if you have the time or inclination to book ahead I don't think you'll have Radii in your future.  I don't believe it is special enough.



However, Radii is quite close to the MCG so its location may still draw you in.


This has that nice modern presentation so loved by Masterchef.  Yet it is kind of busy and a bit underwhelming.  Collectively, it just doesn't meld together in a unified way.  Nothing wrong with the actual food though so I am happy to say it was more than satisfying.
Despite how I may sound I like Radii for what it is.  Its never going to beguile you with spectacular food but it still is kind of upmarket and doesn't really break the bank.
However, for some of the dishes they can come out looking a bit sparse. 


The dessert for me was the highlight of the night.  I just like it that it stands out and has its own character rather than the main meals that were good but never fantastic.  As you can see below, the dessert does make a visual statement (of sorts).


If you like the review, please share it with your friends if possible.

Radii
Rating: 3.5
Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to a friend - No

Radii Telephone: (03) 9224 1211
Radii Address: 1 Parliament Place, Melbourne VIC 3002
Reviewed By: Howie Be





Post a Comment

0 Comments