Cafe Sienna - Review - 402 Chapel St, Prahan

Cafe Sienna (402 Chapel St, South YarraVIC 3141) is a pumping restaurant on Chapel St near the Jam Factory.  This place is nearly always busy and seems popular with everyone.


As you can see Cafe Sienna opens up when the temperature allows and depending on if you book you may be able to get a table to people watch from.  Always a great and interesting thing to do when you're on Chapel St.
While Cafe Sienna may appear to be merely an eatery similar to a modern pub it definitely pulls above its weight.  The quality of the food at Cafe Sienna is definitely very good and puts quite a few restaurants to shame.  Put it this way, I'd be quite surprised if you were not happy with what Cafe Sienna will serve up. Its all well presented, tastes great and comes with moderate pricing.  In other words its a bit of a well known but at the same time hidden gem.  I hope I'm not being cryptic.
I was really more than pleasantly surprised by Cafe Sienna.  In fact I'm looking forward to my next visit.
The food at Cafe Sienna is Italian based and ranges from pizza and calzones, risotto, a full range of pasta, a good range of pub styled mains and specials of the day.  What impresses most is the quality of the food (taste and presentation) and its accompanying moderate pricing. Its a modern gem in this regards.
My pick on this particular night was the special of the day which happened to be the prawns, as gloriously shown below.  Simply superb.

Cafe Sienna
Rating - 4 (Good quality at a good price. They can overdo the oil a bit though)
Would I go again - Yes, I have
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: (03) 9827 1353
Address: 402 Chapel St, South YarraVIC 3141
Reviewed By: Howie Be

Post a Comment

0 Comments