Pho Tam - Review - Footscray

Sometimes curiosity gets the better of you.  Going to Little Saigon Market in Footscray is always a bit of an adventure.  When there is one of those Vietnamese restaurants that is full of customers you think I must try that one day.


Today was one of those days.  With it seemingly packed I chose to go there when it wasn't quite so busy.  Pho Tam is one of those basic restaurants so I don't expect it to be particularly special inside.  Rather I am looking forward to the food.


The broken rice, prawn on sugarcane, prawn paste slices, grilled pork with side soup always sounded interesting and seeing other people have it makes it enticing.  On reflection I don't really know what I was expecting but it didn't really deliver to my expectations.  Never the less if you've never tried the prawn on sugarcane I still recommend giving it a go.
Sugarcane prawn with broken rice image
Sugarcane prawn with broken rice
The other main was beef soup with sliced beef and grounded beef. I ventured away from my old faithful the beef special pho and again I was disappointed.  I've tried lots of Vietnamese restaurants and Pho Tam comes away with a par score only.  With its full house of Vietnamese patrons I don't know what I'm not getting but with plenty of other and better options in Footscray I'm not going back in a hurry.
Beef pho (noodle soup) image
Beef pho (noodle soup)
If you like the review, please share it with your friends if possible.

Pho Tam
Rating - 2.5
Would I go again - No
Would I recommend to  a friend - No

Telephone: (03) 9687 2680
Address: 7/9 Leeds Street, Footscray VIC 3011
Reviewed By: Howie Be

Post a Comment

0 Comments