Bean & Base Cafe - Review - Geelong

Bean & Base Cafe offers both contemporary western styled food as well as wood-fired pizza. By Geelong standards Bean & Base Cafe is off the beaten tracks however if you've exhausted all your favourite places it maybe worth giving Bean & Base a go, especially if you like wood-fired pizza.
When we went it was lunch time so we didn't try the pizza. Okay, I should say I reserve pizza more for dinner, I am starving or pizza's the next best thing. Sorry, I am just not a huge pizza eater.
What I can say is that my burger was great. Definitely one of the better burgers I have eaten and I was definitely a happy camper. Highly recommended if you are a burger fiend. Yum!

As for the omelette. Yep, great as well and it looked great on the plate. okay, maybe a bit overcooked for my taste buds but it is a common theme in Australian restaurants and cafes. I think it's to do with health regulations so chef's err on the side of caution. Beggars can't be choosers and I guess there are some benefits to tough OHS standards.
Bean & Base is a smallish venue and unfortunately on a main arterial road (that  may be good for business though) and I think the design is pretty good.
For the quality of the food you get here at fantastic prices I give Bean & Base a thumbs up.

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.
Keep up to date on your favourite apps
Follow us on Facebook link or Instagram link

Bean & Base Café

Rating: 4
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Cuisine Type: Wood fired pizza, contemporary Western
Address: 159 Melbourne Rd, Rippleside VIC 3215
Telephone: (03) 5277 2360
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting to Bean & Base Café


Post a Comment

0 Comments