Union Hotel - Review - Great value pub grub

Union Hotel restaurant review, Chapel Street, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog The Union Hotel (90 Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3181) is a semi old faithful for me.  I go there a few times a year and it generally doesn't let me down.  Is it gourmet? No, but then again it's a pub after all and it's more about relaxing and catching up with friends.

I do have to admit that it's fairly generous pricing seems to be disappearing so it's more about fair value these days.


Steak
Steak, why not?
The Union Hotel always gets busy so if you want a table for a group of friends I suggest you plan and get in early.  Windsor is such a trendy area these days and it's nice just browsing shops in the area even if eateries seem to be taking over.



Dessert

I like the casual atmosphere at the Union Hotel and the other great thing is that it is relaxed.  No pretension at all at this place.  Service is generally very good and the food is also excellent for a pub.  Given how busy they get, I can't complain.

Dessert

If you ever go to the Astor Theatre it's definitely worth getting dinner beforehand at The Union Hotel.  It's casualness matches perfectly with a movie night.

Interior

So all up, for a nice bite to eat and a nice casual and relaxed atmosphere, the Union Hotel can't be beat.

Get every review by Liking Me at:
and keep up to date with all our great food photo's at

Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Union Hotel
Rating: 4
Would I go again: Yes I have multiple times.
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes

Cuisine Type: Western. Pub Grub
Address: 90 Chapel St, Windsor VIC 3181
Telephone: (03) 9510 4396
Reviewed by: Howie's Melbourne Food Blog

Getting There



Post a Comment

0 Comments