The Hof Downtown - Review - Docklands

The Hof Downtown, German restaurant review, Docklands, Melbourne by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog The Hof Downtown (737 Bourke Street, Docklands VIC 3008) is a German styled bar and restaurant in Docklands.  Perfect as a drinking hole but even better if accompanied with some top German food.


Beer

It goes without saying that The Hof Downtown has a wide selection of German beirs (beers get it!).  Anyway, poor humour aside, if you want to try a few German beers and enjoy them in a tradional stein then head on down to The Hof Downtown.





Veges

The Hof Downtown is also perfectly located if you like AFL games as it is very close to Etihad Stadium.  In fact, I really do recommend you give The Hof Downtown a chance.  I'll be going there again soon and I don't work or live in the area and I don't go to AFL games.  I believe that is a sign.


Salmon

It must be remembered that this is German styled food so if you don't like pork, sauerkraut or sausages this might not be the place for you.

Fish

Funnily enough, I am managing to contradict this with my seafood photo's above but believe me, this really is a German food establishment!

Sausages

As is my want, I am not getting into the details about the food today.  All I will say is that it is good and great value for money.

Interior
Modern styled German Bier Hall.  Looks pretty good!
I really do recommend you get the Hof's Platter for 2-3 people.  You have to like pork to enjoy this but it really is a must do particularly if you don't think you'll ever be back.  This is highly recommended.  I've had it once and looking forward to it again.

Fish
This is not The Hof's Platter (by the way)
Some reason or another The Hof Downtown has used Living Social and Scoopon to bring the punters in.  If you see one of these deals come up, I suggest you give them a try and may just come back again sometime.

Never miss a review by Liking Me at:

 or catch my photo's on Instagram at:
Things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond
If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.


In A Nutshell
An attractive, modern Bavarian Bier Hall with great food and a wide selection of German bier.  Better suited for meat lovers and perfect if you are going to a game of footy at Etihad.  You could certainly do a lot worse than going to The Hof Downtown.  I happily recommend them.

The Hof
At the bar
The Hof
Food Type: Bavarian and German
Telephone: +61 3 9642 3350
Address: 737 Bourke Street, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia

Rating: 4 stars
Would I go again: Yes
Would I recommend to a friend: Yes
Reviewed By:

Please feel free to leave comments here on my blog and to stay up to date with all my forthcoming reviews, sign up on Facebook here:

Post a Comment

0 Comments