Hofbräuhaus - Review - Market Lane, CBD

Hofbräuhaus German restaurant review, Market Lane, Melbourne CBD by Howie's Melbourne Food Blog Hofbräuhaus is one of the few German restaurants in Melbourne.  This place is really, really popular.  It is essential to make a booking and I'm pretty sure you will be a happy camper as the food here is fantastic.
Is it like a German beer house, I don't know?  I was in Germany many years ago and too be honest I can't remember much and its not because of all the beer - I wish!


Hofbräuhaus has a good selection of German beer and they now have a neighbouring German bar next door.   Hofbräuhaus even has its own live musicians of the retro kind.  They didn't seem to be too interested in precedings but added some kind of authenticity to the place.
It goes without saying that if you are going to a German restaurant it doesn't pay to be a vegetarian.  Meat is seriously on the agenda.
As piles of pork is wheeled out at neighbouring tables you get the idea that you also need to be hungry.  Ensure you come with a healthy appetite.  You are going to need it.
I have to admit that I really enjoyed the pork hock.  They know what they are doing here and judging but all the busy tables are very well known. I just kept eating and eating. Basically I'd say that you cannot go wrong with the pork dishes.
Unfortunately the German sausages were a disappointment.  Being a German restaurant, Hofbräuhaus had a lot to live up to and the sausages were found wanting.
This really is a place to enjoy in Winter although I'm sure its still very busy the rest of the year.  However, all of the food is pretty heavy and during the Winter months I cannot think of a better Melbourne restaurant to have a nice hearty meal and a stein of beer.
Happy campers.  This place is busy!
I really enjoyed my time at Hofbräuhaus and can't wait for my next meal there.

If you like to get out and about in the weekends, visit our sister sight that offers ideas on things to do in West Melbourne and Beyond.

Hofbräuhaus
Rating - 4.5
Would I go again - Yes
Would I recommend to a friend - Yes

Telephone: (03) 9663 3361
Address: 18-28 Market Ln, Melbourne VIC 3000
Reviewed By:



Post a Comment

0 Comments